Monday 15 August 2011

Save that indirect criticism!

Grr!!! I need to vent! My ex-colleague Eva wanted to become an airline stewardess with JAL, so she asked me for help in Japanese as she will be tested in Japanese during the interview. After helping her with it, we chatted about career & I told her a lot of my friends encouraged me to be an airline stewardess with JAL as I could speak fluent Japanese. There is no doubt I will get the job, they added. Eva, instead of being grateful to me for assisting her with Japanese, went on to make indirect criticism of me such as by saying potential employers will scrutinize your face & it is not just a cursory glance, she added, inching closer to me, her eyes widening. Ok, so I get it that she was saying my complexion is terrible & won't make the cut. And she was not over. She asked me, "Oh, how old were you when your friends asked you to be an airline stewardess???" Implying of course that I looked older than my actual age. This annoyed me further & I had to grit my teeth before I coud answer her question. I was 23 then. Is that considered old? Duh! Ungrateful brat! I hope I dun ever see her again!

No comments:

Post a Comment